Time to roll out the red, white, and blue. I am talking in terms of food too. Independence Day is right around the corner and if you plan ahead, you can have all the fun and festivities all while eating healthy too. I have crowd favorite recipes that are all packed with nutrients and in-season flavors. You just can’t beat homemade and awesome food.
Remember If you make healthy food – people will eat it!
Break out the grill and invite some friends over. I created recipes that from beginning to end – will fill you up with protein, fiber, and delicious (and I mean delicious) healthy and fresh food. I have Soooooo many recipes but I did my best to narrow down the perfect 4th of July Menu.
Moni’s Healthy 4th of July Menu:
**BREAKFAST. My Healthy 4th of July Parfait (don’t forget the chia seeds – not only nutrient packed but they add the “sparkles!”). This can also be a great snack if you want to skip desserts and the kids love it too. This is great fuel to have for all the fun festivities for the day and will give you just the right combo of energy.
Also topped with fresh fruit that is in-season and can’t be beat. Make sure to put out the fresh and organic fruit. People will happily snack on it.
**COCKTAIL TIME! We can not forget a beverage on a day like today. You will love my Low-Sugar and Low-Calorie Tropical Pineapple Spritzer.
The key is sneaking in some coconut water to also stay hydrated. You can make this with or without the alcohol. Don’t forget to eat the soaked pineapple for a little kick at the end if you know what I mean. Eddie really likes this beverage. Can you tell?
I also love my White Sangria this time of year.
**SWEET TREATS. We can’t forget about the best part. That to me would be dessert. Enjoy my “Must Make” Strawberry Cobbler (that I make every year) and My 2 ingredient Chocolate Dipped Fig Kisses. Both are “easy as pie” to make. Try to use the freshest and organic fruit possible. Yes- dark chocolate is apart of a healthy diet.
Start the Day with (Breakfast & Snacks):
- Moni Green Drink (optional) but I would pack in as much nutrients on a day like this when you can!
- Healthy 4th of July Parfait takes you 5 minutes. Great way to fuel for the day and chia seeds are your “sparkle!”
BONUS TIP: Put out the Fresh Fruit – people WILL pick at it. Plus blueberries and strawberries = blue + red.
For The GRILL:
Other Ideas (below): All found at www.monimeals.com.
- Black Bean Burgers with Mango Salsa
- Knife and Fork Chili Turkey Burgers
- Vegetarian “Sloppy Joe’s”
- Tofu Tacos with Spinach, Corn, and Goat Cheese
- Mango Shrimp Kebabs
- Eggplant Sandwiches
- Brocoli Slaw
- Good-4-You Sweet Potato Salad
- Thai Summer Slaw
- Corn Salad with Feta and Walnuts
- Zucchini “Canoes”
- Goat Cheese Stuffed Tomatoes
- Tossed Greens with Watermelon and Feta
- My Hummus Recipes
- Strawberry Cobbler
- One GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookie (good for a crowd)
- Easy Rice Crispy Bars
- “Better-4-You” Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting
- Peach Crisp
- Berries and Coconut Cream
- Also, CHECK OUT ALL MY DRINK RECIPES. I am in love with ALL the produce this time of year. Take a look at all my Summer Recipes too!
Have fun and don’t forget to stay hydrated!
Wishing you all a healthy, happy, and safe 4th of July!
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.