PESTO EGG! || Pesto is the Best-o!
This easy recipe is also dairy-free too! You really haven’t lived until you try this amazingly healthy and good for you idea. Healthy fats + protein = winning.
Use my pesto recipe for all sorts of amazing creations but today we’re putting it on an egg. Here’s the recipe!
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tbs cashews (I like the texture for replacing Parmesan with cashews but this is completely optional)
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Himalayan salt + pepper to taste
- 1-2 Farm Fresh Eggs
- Place the basil, garlic, pinenuts and lemon juice in a blender or food processor and process until finally chopped. When the motor is running, gradually add the olive oil and cashews (if using) and process until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use right away or transfer to a jar and store in refrigerator. You can also store the pesto in the freezer and freeze in ice cube trays.
- Place on your favorite addition but try it on an egg first. Enjoy!