Happy Holidays to you all! Visit my fitness site to get my exert tips on “How To Stay On Track This Holiday Season.”
It is all happening…
Holiday Parties: “Dress like your Grandparents!” Sorry Grandma!
It is the most special time of year and it is here all month long. I have rounded up my best cookie recipes that I have been making over the years and they are all below. What you might not know is MOST of them are a “lighter” and “healthier” version than anything you will find out there so it is a win-win situation, if you ask me.
So here is the deal. Why would a fitness/health expert have a list of the most amazing cookies ever? Well, it is simply really. I never preach deprivation. I believe you should eat what you really want and in moderation.
If it is pizza, margaritas, or in this case COOKIES, than have at it, enjoy it, savor it, and then move on from it. This is the best advice you can ever hear to live a healthy lifestyle!
In my case, I live for Christmas Cookies. Seriously. I look forward to this time of year ALL year long. I ALWAYS make holiday treats and give them out to my loved ones. (See my packages above!) I use a special ingredient too: LOVE.
How could one not with all the special treats, one-of-a-kind cookies, “magic” bars, and all the goodies that only come out this season. Let’s not forget all the Holiday parties and can we say “cookie swaps“… Those are the best, right!
My tips are simple.
- Make a batch of something you really love. Put aside a stash for you, either freeze the rest, or give some to your friends and loved ones. Then really enjoy 1,2, or 3 and move on! No guilt and no worries.
- Remember most of my recipes are much lighter and you will never know. For all the Holiday Parties you are attending, have a plan. Eat before and have a game plan to only indulge in something that is really special and worth it.
- Last but not least…DRINK WATER, Make a GYM DATE with yourself, and get enough REST throughout the month.
So Enjoy (in moderation!)~
- Moni’s Brownie Cupcakes (shown above)
- No Bake Cashew Brittle Bars (perfect for gifts/travel & SO Delicious!)
- Crispy Balls, from my Mother-in-Law (a favorite! crowd-pleaser!)
- Moni’s Chocolate Dipped Fig Kisses (so cute & everyone loves these!)
- Moni’s Chocolate Covered Strawberries (easy, light, festive!)
- Chocolate-Dipped Almond Meringues (so light & fluffy!)
- Chocolate Chip Shortbread (made with maple syrup! Makes a ton too!)
- GIANT Chocolate Chip Cookies (always perfect! GIANT!)
- Espresso Crinkles (so beautiful & unique! Black & white!)
- White Chocolate Holiday Bark (SO BEAUTIFUL! Great for travel & gifts! Dried cranberries, almonds, & crispy cereal)
- Classic Sugar Cookies, from my Mother-in-Law (a favorite!)
- Whole-Wheat Sugar Cookies (whole-wheat folks, whole-wheat!)
- Vanilla Bean Shortbread (vanilla bean is the secret)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars (my version of a Peanut Butter Cup! EVERYONE’S FAVORITE!) & a Moni Fav!
- Oatmeal Toffee Cookies (SO unique & toffee? YES please! Only 1/4 cup of butter!)
- Chocolate Scotheroos (love love love these! Butter-finger-like!)
- Frozen Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Loaf (rich and fudge-like, SO Unique!)
- 7 Layer Magic Bars (my version of the classic & oh so good!)
- Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Bark (EASY & great for travel & gifts! Antioxidant punch w/dried cherries & ginger too!)
- My Easy Crispy Rice Squares (made with brown rice syrup- NO corn syrup, kids LOVE them!)
- My RAW Cookie Dough Balls (raw, healthy, & SO easy!)
- “Lighter” Mocha Bread Pudding (shown below)
HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL! Where you Naughty or Nice?
A few of my favoirte things….
Make sure you make one of my Moni Green Drinks right about now!