You know those days…. Where you just need to feel SUPER and RE-CHARGE those batteries. GREEN MONI DRINK to the rescue! Plus the color says two words…just so FRESH and so CLEAN.
I try to have one of my Moni Green Drinks as much as possible. I use my Vitamix Blender, but if you only have a standard blender, do not panic, you will still get a great smoothie. The other secret ingredient I use for all my smoothies and shakes is a FROZEN banana. I find it really thickens them up and who does not like a thick smoothie or shake, am I right?
I add a few different things to this from time to time, such as more fruit like strawberries, (fruit picture above looks about right) but this is my “go-to” original way of making it. I add Maca Powder (can find online or at Whole Foods) and I love the added scoop of protein. This will keep you full until lunch (or your next meal) and gives you the energy needed to feel “SUPER-HUMAN,” say on like a Monday morning. Enjoy!
- 1 cup almond milk, or milk of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds, or flax seed is great too
- 1 scoop Vanilla protein powder, I use Sun Warrior
- 1 tsp of Maca Powder, find at Whole Foods or online
- 1 tbsp nut butter, peanut butter or almond
- 1/2 cup of cucumbers, sliced
- 2-3 handfuls organic spinach, sometimes I use Kale too
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and I recommend frozen
- a few dashes of cinnamon, optional
- 1 packet of Stevia, optional
- 3-5 Ice cubes
- other mix-in options: blueberries, strawberries, kiwis, Amazing Grass Green Super Food Drink. Knock yourself out and get creative!
- So I recommend mixing this drink in the order I listed, so you can enjoy it just right! A Vitamix is best, but like I mentioned, a standard blender is fine too.
- Starting with the liquid, add in 1 cup of milk of your choice. Now add in the chia,(or flax), 1 scoop of protein powder, and nut butter. Next, add in the spinach (or kale), cucumber, followed by the frozen banana on top, and if using cinnamon and stevia, add now.
- Blend until smooth. Add in your ice cubes and blend some more. Enjoy!