Believe it or not, this is a GREAT Holiday treat. Simple, Easy, BEAUTIFUL, and great for travel. Also, it is so very stunning with the white chocolate and the red from the cranberries. In moderation, this does make for a treat that will NOT destroy all your efforts and hard work. I sneak in some superfoods including raw almonds, coconut, and dried cranberries. I make this every Holiday. Like I said, the bark ends up being so beautiful and very tasty. Your friends and family will also enjoy it, this I am certain. Don't forget your beautiful sprinkles. See how pretty? All you need to do know is carefully break the bark apart and divide it all up. I always eat the broken pieces...I am so guilty of that! Shhhhh. You will also LOVE my Chocolate Hazelnut Bark. Here are all my Christmas Cookie Recipes too! Enjoy~ (In Moderation)
About 30 Pieces
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup oven-toasted brown rice crispy cereal, can use rice crispies
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 pounds good-quality white chocolate, chopped
- 3 tsp oil, I use coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Spread the sliced almonds and the unsweetened coconut in an even layer on the baking sheet. Toast 5-8 mins or until coconut is browning. Remove and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, rice cereal, and dried cranberries. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the mixture, and set aside.
- Place chopped white chocolate and 2 tsp oil in a large heatproof bowl, and set over med sauce pan of simmering water. Stir with a spatula until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat, and fold in the almond mixture. Spread evenly on parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle on the reserve 1/4 cup topping. Add on sprinkles now if using. Refrigerate for about 30 mins or until set. Break the bark into small pieces, and serve.