I share with YOU another holiday family recipe and tradition from my husbands family. These are absolutely perfect for The Holidays to entertain with or give out as gifts; not to mention SO unique and oh SO tasty! They are easy, perfect for travel, and so sweet and so delicious. Is that not the perfect recipe for the holidays? Kids also love em' and they love to make them too. SO EASY they are! One of our favorite memories with "Crispy Balls" are when we get the mail. We usually see a brown box from my Mother-in-Law-Joanne Nelson a.k.a (THE CARE PACKAGE) that we get at least twice a year full of these! Yes, we are old and we love looking forward to a CARE Package! Don't judge. We get so excited and pop one or two in our mouths and the rest in the fridge/freezer to last for awhile. My husband likes his frozen whereas I like mine at room temperature. We enjoy these but in moderation of course, just look at The Moni Meter rating on this one! BE WARNED: These are sweet! Deliciously sweet and savory! So slow down and enjoy these. Great in the fridge or out on a cookie tray for all to love. I can promise you this though: Everyone will say "Oh whoa and Wow! What are these things!? The are SO darn good!" NOTE: Can be stored at room tempature, in the fridge, or in the freezer. Santa loves them too! See- he cleaned our cookie tray. Enjoy! Also a great anytime treat for any occasion like Easter: Here are all my Holiday Treats to enjoy! Connect with Moni on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram @monimealfitness (-to get a look of my everyday eats!). Grab a recipe or two at www.monimeals.com before you head over for a quick workout at www.monicanelsonfitness.com.
Can make 50 Marshmallows
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine (this is 1/4 cup worth)-can be salted or un-salted. I use un-salted because this is what I always have.
- 1 lb of Kraft Carmels, un-wrap if in plastic wrappers- ask for help! (Can use other brands too. EX: Trader Joe's fyi)
- 1 10-12 oz can Eagle Brand Condensed milk, (sweetened)-I use 3/4 of the can. Try that first and see if you need more for your level of sweetness
- 1 pkg of Large Marshmallows
- Rice Krispy Cereal to coat in
- Over a low-med heat; mix margarine, carmels, and 1/2 can Eagle Brand milk (to start) in a pan, and slowly heat together. (Or you can micorwave in safe bowl in 20 sec intervals.) NOTE: Let Caramel COOL Slightly before dipping in a marshmallow or you can actually melt the marshmallow.
- Set up a bowl full of Rice Krispy Cereal and put out a sheet of wax paper.
- Dip Large marshmallows into carmel mixuture and then dip into the Rice Krispy Bowl. I use a fork to dip and make sure you cover good with the cereal so it holds all together. Place on wax paper.
- Let cool and sit on wax paper for at least 15 mins. You can add holiday sprinkles too like I did; just cut a few in half to spinkle on.
- Enjoy! See so easy too!