- 5-6 organic figs, cleaned - I like to use Calimyrna Figs or Black Mission Figs for this recipe
- 1/2 of a good quality 3 oz organic chocolate bar (70% or higher - the better), chopped
NOTE: double this amount if making more than 5-6 figs
- Take about one half (not the whole bar-unless you are making about a dozen) of the chocolate bar and break or chop into small pieces. Place a double boiler pan (or a saucepan filled with 1-2 inches of water with a glass/metal bowl over the top) over low heat. (Or you can micorwave). Do not over heat the chocolate! Melt the chocolate just until it is smooth. Let cool slightly for a few mintues.
- Place a clean and completely dry fig in the slightly cooled chocolate. I like to use a spoon to help coat this. Place on parchment paper on a flat plate or jelly-roll pan. Repeat the process. Then put in the frigde for at least 15-30 mins until set and dried.
- Then they are ready. Enjoy!