What to do, what to do? Then of course I realized I had all the ingredients needed to make my Moni C.C.C’s. This meaning my raw “cashew cookie chew” balls. Who does not just love raw cookie dough treats by the way?!?! But mine are much healthier and using real ingredients. So all is well now.
I love these and find that I have them “in-stock” most of the time. I love them on the go, before or after workouts, or when I have a craving to eat a chocolate chip cookie the size of my head. These hit the spot instead! If I am luck I store them in a container so I am good for the week no matter what.
Every time I make these, they ARE fast, easy, and very consistent.
NOTES: I do sometimes play with using one ingredient. I will sometimes make it exactly as I posted, but sometimes I add 2 tbs of peanut butter (or cashew or sunflower butter too!) as well. I just love all the healthy fats here and they really hit that spot I was talking about. You may want to double the recipe – as it makes about 7-10 balls (depending on how big you roll them that is). Also you can use any sweetener of choice and I listed a few options below.
You will also want to check out My Moni Cashew Cookie Chews: Valentine’s Day Edition. Same recipe but dipped in chocolate! Oh yeah.
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.
- 1/2 cup unsalted raw cashews, if salted- then no need to use the of 1/2 tsp salt-fyi
- 1/4 cup Gluten-Free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour (for GF) or also whole-wheat pastry flour is great (other flours work too)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of raw honey NOTE: or can use agave syrup or can use coconut oil-depends on what flavor you are after (or a bit more if dough is too dry)
- 1-2 tbsp of pure maple syrup – to your level of sweetness (or a bit more if dough is too dry)
- optional-2 tbs peanut butter (or cashew butter is great too) skip this if you want original cookie dough flavor though
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (or vegan chips or cacao nibs)
- In a food processor; add the cashews and oats and process until it forms a fine crumble. Now add in the flour, salt, and process for a few seconds more. (Add the dash of cinnamon if you want now-optional). Add in the raw honey (or agave or coconut oil), maple syrup, and vanilla and process until combined. Add the nut butter now if using-optional as well.
- It will be sticky, but this is normal. Add in your chocolate chips and stir by hand is best. Form into balls. Can keep out but I find them best in the fridge or freezer. YUM.
You can also now dip them in chocolate at this point if you want too. Just like this Moni Recipe where I do.