Another Fantastic egg dish here. Fresh Roasted Veggie Frittata! I love this Frittata for many reasons. One, it is as healthy as a frittata can be with tons of veggies (think charred red bell pepper's, zucchini, and fresh herbs) plus all organic eggs with the right amount of protein. I have said it before, but what I also love is how versatile eggs are and how this meal can be "B, L, or D-" (breakfast, lunch, or dinner.) Sometimes I make this from start to finsih and serve OR sometimes I make it all up until the last step- which is to put if off to the oven for the last bit of baking. Nothing beats a meal that is moments away to your taste buds... and all the hard work is left behind you so you just open the fridge and place this in the oven and shortly wait. With this dish however, it lasts no longer than a day in our house anyways. 🙂 I finish mine with a drizzle of olive oil, hot sauce, and if I have it...Enchilada Sauce plus fresh basil, that is how I roll. IDEA:You can serve this with some roasted red potatoes ( just pre-heat the oven to 375 F and coat some quartered potatoes (fingerling or red is great because they are small) with a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary if you have it and then bake for about 20-30 mins.) and with a fresh green salad with your favorite dressing, I love olive oil and vinegar. You will also love all my Egg Dishes, they are all Healthy and Delicious! Enjoy~
- Cooking spray
- 3 medium organic red bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 3-1/2-inch strips
- 1 medum onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5-10 grinds of pepper to your liking
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs plus 6 egg whites, organic and free range
- splash of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Arrange two oven racks in the lowest and center positions in oven. Line the bottoms of two shallow baking pans with foil. Lightly coat foil with cooking spray.
- Place bell peppers and garlic in one pan and zucchini and onion in the other. Brush vegetables with oil. Roast zucchini and onion on lower rack and bell peppers and garlic on center rack 15 minutes. Remove zucchini and onion from oven. Move bell peppers and garlic to lower rack; roast about 10 minutes more or until charred. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin from peppers and garlic. Coarsely chop vegetables and garlic and place in a large bowl. Stir in the other seasonings (oregano and crushed red pepper flakes) and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-x-1-1/2-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites, a splash of milk, remaining salt, and cayenne pepper. Stir egg mixture into vegetable mixture; Pour mixture into cake pan. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
- Bake, uncovered, in oven 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with fresh basil and I like hot sauce or enchilada sauce with mine. Enjoy!