This is a great recipe. It could not be more simple and a great way to jazz up a weeknight. I add lots of veggies, lots of crushed red pepper, and I love the black pepper here. You could also use spinach rather than arugula but I love the spiciness of the arugula, goes great with the pepper. A great way to sneak in more veggies in your diet too. Enjoy. Try all my Pasta Recipes!
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic, divided
- 1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (5-ounce) package fresh baby arugula, or spinach is fine
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, or use any pasta you want like GF too
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp, cut in half horizontally
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved fresh Romano cheese
- crushed red pepper, optional
- additional veggies, if using
- Combine 2 teaspoons garlic, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and arugula in a large bowl; toss well.
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Add pasta; cook 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Add hot pasta to arugula mixture, and toss well until arugula wilts.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; sauté 1 minute. Add remaining 1 teaspoon garlic and shallots; sauté 1 minute or until shrimp are done. Remove shrimp from pan. Add broth and juice to pan, scraping pan to loosen browned bits; cook 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Return shrimp to pan. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
- Arrange 1 1/2 cups pasta on each of 4 plates. Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp mixture over each serving. Top each serving with 2 tablespoons cheese. YUM!!