Happy Cinco de Mayo! I hope you are having a great day and hopefully you have something fun planned. I love this day. It is great on so many levels, not only because it is a celebration but I always associate this day with nice weather. Time to enjoy the out doors, tasty beverages, and amazing food!
Before we start, I must be out of my mind because I am sharing my “secret” guacamole recipe with you. This is my best guacamole recipe of all times. I make it all the time, bring it to get-togethers, and people are always saying, “whoa, this is the best guacamole. ” The funny thing is, there is nothing to it.
My recipe is a winner every time and I always buy double the ingredients because it is gone so fast. You just can’t go wrong. Some people prefer to use the juice of a lemon, but not me. I am all about the lime juice and using a sweet onion. I skip cilantro but you could add it if you like. I also use any type of tomato but when I have it, I go for Heirloom.
So try it out. Get the freshest ingredients you can and remember avocados are one of the best things for you. Did you know they are a fruit by the way? There is no need, I repeat, no need at all to ruin this buy adding cream cheese or sour cream, gross. Trust me and don’t be scared.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 med sweet onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced (I use Heirloom if I have one)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (I use the seeds and membranes because I like the heat but if this is not you–REMOVE THE SEEDS AND MEMBRANE.)
- Fresh juice of a lime
- Seasoning Salt, I like Lawry’s
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- cilantro if you like, I do not- optional
- Scoop out the avocado and mash them up in a large bowl. (I do not over mash because I like big chunks here and there.) Add the onion, tomatoes, and jalapeno pepper. Mix well. Add the seasoning salt and salt and pepper.
- Add the lime juice and mix well. Done!
- Serve with chips, crackers, or some veggies