Kale Chips! "My new favorite thing in the world is her version of Homemade Kale Chips. Thanks to you Moni!"Cheryl Tiegs, America's First Supermodel By now, you must have heard of Kale Chips. I am always trying to get everyone to try Kale Chips... like I did to my dear friend and client Cheryl Tiegs. Now she loves them! 🙂 If you have heard of them, then it is no surprise to you how they are super delicious, healthy, and addictive. If you have not heard of them, then you think I am crazy and that there could be "no" way to make "Kale" addictive! I assure you, these are so good you will be so bummed that they are gone so fast the second you get them out of the oven. I try to make these at least once a week. Clearly there are many ways to go about making them. This is how I make them and it works every time. I know some other recipes cook the kale longer at a lower temperature (this is also better to keep as many nutrients) but honestly, who has that kind of time, I don't. So I cook mine at a high temp and just keep my eye out so I don't burn them. Not so good burnt. 😉 You can use all kinds of Kale; Dino Kale -(known as Tuscan, Black, Cavolo Nero), Curly Kale (very common), or Russian (Red) Kale. All are members of the cabbage family and loaded with nutrients and fiber! What is my favorite? All of them but really, the Dino Kale... but I make all kinds AND all the time! Everyone is in love with them, trust me. So try them out and think outside the box. If you love Kale, you MUST try my Kale with Caramelized Shallots, Kale, Zucchini, and Pinto Enchiladas, or try all my Kale Recipes. Enjoy~
- 1 bunch of Organic Kale, washed and torn in pieces-(can use Dino Kale, Curly Kale, or Russian Kale)
- 1 1/2 tbs olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 tbs Nutritional Yeast, optional
- In a large bowl mix together the washed Kale with the olive oil and massage until well incorporated.
- Place on foil coated with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook at 350 F for about 15-20 mins and then turn over the kale and cook another about 10-15 more mins. DO make sure you don't burn them. You want them crisp and flaky. If you have time- (NOTE: You can cook at a lower temp for longer at 275 F-300 F for 30-45 mins. )
- You can sprinkle now with Nutritional Yeast if you want to finish off. I also top mine sometimes with lemon pepper... sometimes crushed red pepper flakes too. Enjoy! So Easy, Healthy, and Delicious!