EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.xx Just take a look at all the beautiful squash out there to enjoy in all varieties!
- 1 organic kabocha squash, cut into slices
- 2 tbs of organic coconut oil, or oil of choice
- 1 bunch of organic kale, chopped - can buy pre washed too
- Himalayan salt + pepper to taste<
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash the squash. Cut into half. Scoop out the seeds. (sometimes I roast those too!).
- Next cut into wedges. I like to roast them at this size but you can always cut them into more bite size pieces.
- Now I drizzle coconut oil (or oil of choice) over with salt and pepper.
- I place the wedges over parchment paper and roast for about 20 mins. Then I flip the squash over and for the last 10 mins or so, add the kale over the top to also roast right on up. If needed, I add additional oil or cooking spray to not burn the kale. If you are not using the kale, you can jus troast for about 25-30 mins and flip once.
- You will know it is done because it will smell amazing and it will be crunchy on the outside and soft and decadent in the inside. Enjoy!
You can remove the skin if you prefer by using a peeler.
If you are not using the kale, just roast all the way for about 25-30 mins, flipping once. Otherwise I like to use additional cooking spray over the kale to finish off for that perfect crisp.
Serve with your favorite meal. A perfect side dish!