After a wonderful trip away and eating and drinking all sorts of yummy meals and tropical beverages... I was ready for real food as soon as I got in my kitchen. Can you relate? green drinks and REAL food. The following morning (and a few mornings after as well) I made this incredible recipe that I share with you today. I have been making this for years - but wanted to add it to the blog and let you in on the action.The moment I landed in Los Angeles - all that was on my mind was
- 2 slices of Ezekiel Cinnamon-Raisin Bread (can use any bread you like too)
- 2-3 tbs of Sunflower Seed Butter, (or any nut butter like peanut butter or almond)
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbs of chia seeds
- 1/3 cup of granola, I use KIND - (optional)
- drizzle of raw honey (can use maple syrup if you prefer)
- Toast 2 slices of the bread.
- Spread the 2-3 tbs of nut butter of your choice. I use Sunflower Seed butter.
- Next place the sliced banana over both pieces equally.
- Sprinkle the 1 tbs of chia seeds over the toast.
- Sprinkle the granola over if using - great crunch topping!
- Drizzle with a good quality of raw honey (or your sweetener of choice like pure maple syrup). Enjoy!