This goes out to all my guacamole lovers... I'm right there with ya. Don't forget the chips. Before we start, I must be out of my mind because I am sharing my "secret" guacamole recipe with you. This is my best guacamole recipe of all times. I make it all the time, bring it to get-togethers, and people are always saying, "whoa, this is the best guacamole. " 😉 The funny thing is, there is nothing to it. My recipe is a winner every time and I always buy double the ingredients because it is gone so fast. You just can't go wrong. Some people prefer to use the juice of a lemon, but not me. I am all about the lime juice and using a sweet onion. I skip cilantro but you could add it if you like. I also use any type of tomato but when I have it, I go for Heirloom. So try it out. Get the freshest ingredients you can and remember avocados are one of the best things for you. Did you know they are a fruit by the way? There is no need, I repeat, no need at all to ruin this buy adding cream cheese or sour cream, gross. Trust me and don't be scared. Also, try my other guac recipe "Guacamole con Frutas"... The most unique recipe. Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 med sweet onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced (I use Heirloom if I have one)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced (I use the seeds and membranes because I like the heat but if this is not you--REMOVE THE SEEDS AND MEMBRANE.)
- Fresh juice of a lime
- Seasoning Salt, I like Lawry's
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- cilantro if you like, I do not always- optional
- Scoop out the avocado and mash them up in a large bowl. (I do not over mash because I like big chunks here and there.) Add the onion, tomatoes, and jalapeno pepper. Mix well. Add the seasoning salt and salt and pepper.
- Add the lime juice and mix well. Done!
- Serve with chips, crackers, or some veggies