Delicious, Easy, and Quick. To me, this is a perfect hummus. I find once you have tried different hummus flavors, how can you possibly just stick with Plain, right? Give this a try! Be warned...it comes with a "Moni Kick," can you handle it? I sometimes add a splash of hot sauce on top too. 😉 Try all my Moni Hummus Recipes!
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 1-2 dashes of seasoning salt- I like Lawry's
- 1 15 0z black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, chopped-remove the ribs and seeds if you don't like the heat!
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp olive oil-for topping
- Additonal topping; hot sauce and another dash of red pepper flakes-both optional
- Put garlic in a food processor, when finely chopped add lemon juice, tahini, cumin, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, black beans, jalapeno pepper, and crushed red pepper; process until smooth. Spoon mixture in a med. bowl and drizzle with olive oil and then top off by sprinkling with more red pepper flakes and hot sauce (if desired). YUM...