- You can certainly add in anything else you fancy.
- For example dried fruit can be added right at the end when you pull it straight out of the oven.
- You can try other nuts and seeds too.
- You may need to play with the sweetness. I found 1/4 cup of honey to be just right. See if you need less or more before you bake. Everyone has such a different level of sweetness!
HEARTY AND DELICIOUS. So if you are like me you LOOOOOVE Granola (crunch-crunch!). Say hello to my "Super Granola" - Perfect For All Recipe. What does that mean? It means that no matter what style of food, diet, or meal plan you are on, that you can have this to enjoy. If you are vegan, paleo, or just watching your sugar, etc. this granola will most likely work for you. I only use 1/4 cup of honey too. Oh yea. My only issue however is portion control! I sometimes want to eat bowls and bowls of this because it is that good. The good news is - it is much healthier than a store bought "fancy pancy" brand loaded with lots of extra oils and sugars. Maybe portion this out though, as it is tough to not gobble it all right up. I have warned ya! This recipe is super simple. You can make a batch and keep it all week long. Kids love it, husbands love it (trust me on that!), and all around it is just a great recipe. Hope you like it. NOTES:
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup coconut chips, or can use unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp coconut sugar, or your sweetner of choice
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or can use other oil but I love coconut oil here)
- 1/4 cup raw honey- use a good quality honey
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Optional: dried fruit - to add in after baked
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- I like to use parchment paper (easy clean-up!) on a baking a pan. I also give an additional spray of cooking oil (I like coconut oil spray).
- Next mix the nuts, seeds, coconut chips (or flakes) in a large bowl. Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, coconut sugar (or sugar of choice), and salt; stir to coat.
- Melt coconut oil and honey in the microwave for about 30 secs (or over low on the stove top.) Next add in the pure vanilla extract.
- Pour this wet mixture over the nuts and seeds mixture in the large bowl. Stir to coat. Place on the prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 25-30 mins until golden. Take out and let cool completely. (If wanting to add-in dried fruit - you can do so now). You can store in a air-tight container or a plastic zip-loc bag.