The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Premier Protein.So if your schedule is like mine – (New Mama/Personal Trainer/Model)… than you are basically just a busy little bee and you are certainly on-the-go much of the time and sometimes you need all the help you can get! So you can imagine how excited I have been to try this protein powder from Premier Protein. Plus, read below because I share 2 awesome recipes that I made, HINT: “Thick Vanilla Protein Milkshake with Peanut Butter” and “Vanilla Protein Pudding with Chocolate Chips!” Before I review Premier Protein understand this. We all know I am a fan of protein powders (and some bars) but they certainly have to pass the Moni Test (I have high standards what can I say!). If there is one question I get asked all the time it is: “Moni, what Protein Powder and Bars do you use?” Well, I do not have a simple answer especially when it comes to protein powders as I use 3-4 different kinds! They all have different needs for me, especially when it comes to all my baking for www.monimeals.com. I cook and bake with a lot of protein powders and ANY protein powder (or protein bar) that I stick with MUST NOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- high calories
- high in fat
- awful ingredients like preservatives and fake fillers and who knows what
- weird texture
- gross taste
Review of Premier Protein Powder:It can feel at times to be a constant struggle to find ONLY one brand of protein powders that covers it all! I have vegan brands that I use that have the cleanest ingredients but usually lack the flavor (like dust!) or then I have the powders that I use that get very thick, taste pretty amazing, but then you realize there is so so so much crap in them. Or the price can vary so much on some and be almost double the price of others. See what I mean. So here we are today with Premier Protein Powder. I sampled the "Vanilla Milkshake" flavor and it is spot on. I very much enjoy the taste and also the texture which is so important. Their protein powders are “new and improved” in terms of cleaner ingredients which I so appreciate too and it shows. I also love that Premier Protein uses much better ingredients for sweeteners (than most) too and they offer unique flavors such as vanilla milkshake and chocolate milkshake flavor.
This is what is inside Premier Protein Powders:
- Each shake contains 30g of protein with all the essential amino acids, 160 calories, 1g sugar, low fat, 24 vitamins and minerals, 4g carbs
- Recipient of the American Master of Taste Gold Medal for SUPERIOR TASTING ready-to-drink protein beverages in a national taste test by Chefs In America in 2015, 2016 and 2017
- Available in five deliciously smooth and creamy flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Strawberries & Cream, Caramel, and Bananas & Cream. Our shakes are incredibly versatile. Shake well, serve cold, and enjoy our shakes as a delicious meal replacement, a satisfying snack, or workout fuel. Try them on their own, in hot or cold cereal, mixed into your favorite smoothie, as creamer in your coffee or in other protein-packed recipes.
- NO ARTIFICIAL Colors, NO SOY ingredients, GLUTEN FREE, KOSHER
Now to the recipes!
Vanilla Milkshake Protein Pudding with Chocolate ChipsOH WOW. So I came up with this because I was really craving ice cream and I knew I could find a way to hit the spot and not get all the added fat, sugar and calories at the same time. Oh boy did I come up with a “WHEY” killer treat! I call it pudding because it’s very thick like pudding but it is really yogurt. I simply took 1 Greek yogurt and 1 scoop of Vanilla Premier Protein Powder and mixed it very well. You may want to add a few splashes of your milk of choice (almond for me) to get the perfect texture. Then I of course added in 2 tsp of chocolate chips and BOOM. SO EASY, SO THICK, and SO DELICIOUS! This yogurt has only around 240 Calories, 36 grams of protein and only 4 grams of fat! Enjoy!
- 1 Greek Yogurt Carton, I use non-fat
- 1 scoop of Premier Protein Powder, Vanilla Milkshake
- a few splashes of almond milk (or milk of your choice), to thin it out
- 2-3 tsp chocolate chips (or mini chocolate chips), to sprinkle in
- OPTIONAL add-ins: nuts, berries, flax seeds, chia seeds, or granola
- In a bowl, mix in the Greek yogurt and the scoop of protein powder. Mix well. From here add a few splashes of almond milk to thin it out. Next, simply add in the mini chocolate chips Stir and you are done! Enjoy!
Thick Vanilla Protein Milkshake with Peanut ButterYou will love this easy, easy, easy protein treat. The key is a frozen banana and Premier Protein Vanilla Milkshake Flavor.
- 1 frozen banana, peeled (the key to make it thick)
- 8 oz of water or almond milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 scoop of Premier Protein Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1-2 tbs of peanut butter (or can use almond butter)
- 5-8 ice cubes
- In a blender; place 1 frozen banana, almond milk, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 spoonful (1-2 tbs) of organic crunchy peanut butter, and ice cubes in a blender.
- Blend until a thick consistency. Can add in other ingredients too like; chia seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, berries or spinach. Enjoy!