EASY. HEALTHY. DELICIOUS. We have BREAKFAST! I have made recipes like this before, remember my EASY 4 Ingredient Pancakes? So I thought it was time to try this on my french toast. I am more of a pancake gal myself but when done right, french toast is amazing. Oh and Man do I love when a recipe turns out! The best part is this french toast tastes "fried" like many restaurant style french toast recipes but oh they are SO NOT! That is the secret you see... "breading" them just right and with the right ingredients. Just look at these bad boys - eh. Best part is you will have the ingredients on hand too (if you do not have coconut flour you can use any flour just fine!). I like this recipe because it is so easy, clean eating, and are very hit-the-spot delicious! I think the whole family even those kids will like this EASY french toast too. Great for say a weekend breakfast, fuel for a workout, or just an indulgent breakfast idea. You only need a few simple ingredients to play along so let's get stared! I use Ezekiel Bread, 3 whole eggs, almond milk, and coconut flour but you can absolutely use what you prefer if you do not have those. Those ingredients keep this really healthy though. 😉 Try all my Breakfast Recipes and Enjoy! What about you- are you more of a pancake, french toast, or both kind of person? Let me know how it turns out! Moni xx
- 3 slices of Ezekiel Bread (cut in half), or use any bread you prefer
- 3 eggs, or you can do 1 egg, 5 whites
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or more, based on the size of your bread), or use milk of choice
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of salt, brings out the flavors!
- 1 tsp of Stevia
- 2 tsp of coconut flour (secret ingredient!) - but you can certainly use any flour you have too
- coconut oil or cooking spray for the skillet
- Serve with fresh fruit- organic bluberries and 1/2 of a banana, or fruit of your choice is fine
- Syrup, agave, or honey for topping - (ALL optional)
- In a shallow dish; mix in the eggs, almond milk, pure vanilla extract, a dash of salt, a dash of cinnamon, 1 tsp of Stevia (one packet), and beat all together very well. Next add in the coconut flour (or flour of choice) and lighlty beat in.
- Next cut the 3 slices of bread in half. In batches of 3- add 2 slices at a time in the egg batter. Coat on both sides for about 1-2 mins. (I sometimes prick my fork in the bread so the batter really can soak in there!).
- Over a medium skillet over medium heat; Add either a little bit of coconut oil or cooking spray to the pan and add the soaked 2 slices. Cook about 1-2 mins each side until golden brown. The coconut flour is what gets it that "fried" taste!
- Repeat the process with the other 2 slices of bread.
- Serve on a plate with your favorite fruit (I use fresh, organic blueberries and a 1/2 banana). Then top with just a little bit of maple syrup, or honey, or agave. I go with pure maple syrup and boy are these good! Enjoy!