OH MY GAWD! These are one of my best best best Moni Pancake Recipes EVER. (Well, one of them FOR SURE as I have so many!). The taste, the texture, the taste, the texture, the taste, the texture... AND they are so- so-so EASY and HEALTHY too! How is this possible? Wait til you see for yourself. YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS RECIPE ASAP!! 4 Ingredients: 2 Eggs, 1 banana, 1/4 cup of milk (of your choice), and 2 tbs of coconut flour (or flour of your choice). THAT IS IT. All in one bowl too! Let's talk taste. From the first bite you feel like you could possibly be on vacation eating room service at say The Four Seasons in Maui. The coconut background with the banana, vanilla almond milk, and the richness of the egg (use the yolk and it is so good for you too) is what ties it all together. You can of course add in anything else you fancy as this is a loose recipe but I find simple is best on this. The only thing you may want to slightly add in is; 1/4 tsp of salt and/or a dash of cinnamon, or a protein powder of your choice. You could seriously just do this with the 4 ingredients though and have very successful and delightful breakfast. I have made it many times with only the 4 ingredients. Let's talk texture. If you like Pancakes that are so so so velvety to your fork, soft, light, melt in your mouth good, then you will LOVE these. The texture is unreal. So buttery and fluffy. It is almost exactly like Bisquick minus all the awful ingredient's. Check out how awesome these pancakes are Nutritionally Speaking: Calories-306, Fat- 13.8 g, Sat. Fat-4.9 g, Cholesterol-325.6 mg, Sodium-304.2 mg, Carbs-32.7 g, Fiber-8.4 g, Protein-13.5 g. Those are my kind of Hot Cakes and why I can eat the foods I love and stay fit and energized all-year round. Remember these Pancakes are: NO BUTTER, NO-ADDED SUGAR, NO-ADDED FAT; JUST REAL INGREDIENTS THAT ARE REAL GOOD FOR YOU! NOTES: *You can add in a dash of salt and cinnamon if you desire. I know that makes it not 4 ingredients but you get my point at how simple this is! *You can also add in a protein powder of your choice but as I mentioned, I find the more simple you make these, the better! *Keep in mind when cooking with a fruit, especially a banana, it can burn easier. This is because of the natural sugars. So just watch it more carefully. I like to use coconut oil for the pan (more flavor explosion!) but cooking spray world work terrific too. *As I said, I use 1/4 cup of almond milk but note that you can add extra milk of choice (this is if you want to thin this out to make a little bit more than 4). When I add in the 1/4 cup of almond milk- I get exactly 4 hot cakes, so if you add in more almond milk, you will get maybe one more pancake. This makes my Recipe Re-make Category as well. Eat your heart out Bisquick...I re-made you into a Healthy Moni Meal. 😉 Plus your place is going to smell AMAZING, trust me. Enjoy! I even make them for Valentine's Day. The perfect way to indulge and not feel bad. With a bit of chocolate of course! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
1 (Makes 3-5 Pancakes)
- 1 ripe banana, beaten with a fork
- 2 tbs of coconut flour, (or you can use any flour you want)- I LOVE coconut for the taste and health benefits though
- 2 organic eggs, lightly beaten (-use the yolk!)
- 1/4 cup of milk- I use Almond Unsweetened Vanilla, use more if you want to thin out the batter.
- OPTIONAL ADD-INS: 1/4 cup (or more) of milk of choice, a dash of salt, a dash of cinnamon, protein powder, etc. Again, all optional- but just as good.
- coconut oil for the cooking pan OR (cooking spray) is fine too
- TOPPINGS: pure maple syrup (or honey) for topping and a dust of cinnamon, optional
- In one bowl; add the banana and mash up well with a fork. Next add the coconut flour. Mix well. Next add the 2 eggs, and mix lighty but until well combined. Now add in the 1/4 cup of milk-I use almond milk. If you are going to add in anything else- do so now. (Examples; vanilla extract, salt, more almond milk, cinnamon, protein powder, etc.) The more milk added- the less dense just keep in mind.
- Over a skillet set on low-med heat; add a small drizzle of coconut oil (or use cooking spray is fine.) Add the batter to make one pancake. I like to make one at a time. Cook for about 2-3 mins each side until golden brown and flip. NOTE: BE CAREFUL TO NOT BURN THESE DELICIATE BABIES.
- Once you have made them all; you should have between 3-4 pancakes.
- Serve warm on a plate with fresh fruit, a hit of cinnamon, and maple syrup or honey if desired.