I just love pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin. It is true. Every time I am at the store this time of year, I stock up on the canned pumpkin. I am talking at least 5 cans a visit. I also found a brand that is Organic and BPA Free…holla!
What is not to love about this recipe? A snack and treat that is great for pre -or post- workouts that is protein packed, good for you, and… SO Delicious. Low in sugar too.
I take advantage of this time of year and any recipe I can that involves Pumpkin. When it comes to Pumpkin Bars, I have many recipes I like but I wanted something easier. A bar with no hassles and I wanted them to still stay HEALTHY. So here we are with this recipe.
If you are not sick of pumpkin yet, then you will love these. Can make as a loaf and cut into bars or use a muffin tin and have healthy muffins for on the go!
Also, check out A TON of all my Pumpkin recipes – you will for sure find something you like, I promise.
Many have asked the Nutritional Info. Here it is WITHOUT THE WHIPPED CREAM OR NUTS:
SERVING SIZE: 1 Serving (42.5 g) or (1 small square)
Calories 58, Fat 2.8 g, Carbs 8.7 g Sodium 53 mg Protein 5.3 g Fiber 1.1 g Sugar 4.9 g.
Connect with Moni on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram @monimealfitness (-to get a look of my everyday eats!). Grab a recipe or two at www.monimeals.com before you head over for a quick workout at www.monicanelsonfitness.com.
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.
- 4 egg whites
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin, canned is fine
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup
- 2 tbs of coconut sugar or Stevia, or sweetner of choice
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 2 scoops of protein powder, I use Sun Warrior-vanilla
- 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon
- 2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts-divided, optional
- Whipped Topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In one bowl, mix the egg whites, pumpkin, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- In another small bowl whisk the sweetener of choice or sugar, oat bran, protein powder, and all the spices along with the baking powder.
- Now add this to the wet ingredients and stir well. I add now 2 tbs of the nuts (if using) until well incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a baking loaf pan (or can use a muffin tin) coated with cooking spray. I add the last 2 tbs of nuts (if using) for the topping.
- Bake about 20 min or until a tooth comes out clean. Enjoy!