What I always say and it is very true - especially with this recipe...Don't deprive your cravings, outsmart them! Cookies <-- (all my cookie recipes!) are pretty much my favorite thing ever. How can we resist cookie sandwiches too, right? They are definitely NOT on the healthy side of things either...up until this recipe that is. This is one of the best and easiest recipes ever. Thanks to using a Quest Bar (always stocked up in my house). In fact, remember my Moni Chocolate Protein Cookie Dough Bites with Banana and Peanut Butter Recipe? You will want to for sure check those out - also using a Quest Bar. What I love is you get a hit of protein and these bars are also sugar-free, gluten-free, and low-carb. Who has a tall glass of milk? Also, you can just double the recipe as they go quick....quick...quick! For one of these awesome cookies check it out: Calories:52 Carbs: 4.9 g Fat 3 g Sugar: 0.7 g Fiber 3.9 g and Protein: 5.4 g Give these a try and let me know how it goes! A perfect and EASY anytime treat! Don't forget the tall glass of almond milk (or milk of your choice!). Great for when you have serious cravings and kid-friendly too. Check out all my Cookies and all my "Lightened-Up Treats!" Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
6 Bite-Size Protein Cookie Sandwiches
Adapted from the Quest Sanchwich Cookie
- 1 Chocolate Chip Quest Bar or any flavor
- 2 1/2 tsp of coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp of Stevia
- 1 tsp of peanut butter, or any nut butter you like
- 1 tbs of vanilla protein powder
- 1 1/2-3 tbs of water, see if you need more or less
- Cooking spray, I use coconut oil
- OPTIONAL: whipped cream for topping OR you could also just use the whipped cream for the filling.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Warm the Quest bar for about 10 secs in the microwave. Break into 12 even pieces and roll into a small ball in your hands. NOTE: I press with both my palms into a fat circle but you could also roll them out with a pin to do this as well.
- Once you have all 12 circles; place all of them on a sheet of parchment paper coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 2-3 mins. Before you flip them over, Spray one more time with more cooking spray and then flip the cookies over. Bake another 2-3 mins. NOTE: Keep your eyes on them - they cook FAST!
- Let the cookies cool and now make the filling.
- FILLING: Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and stir. NOTE: See if you need more or less water - that is why I say 1.5 - 3 tbs. You can also just use whipped cream too!
- Place six cookies out and evenly spread the filling mixture over each cookie; and plop on the top. I let them hang out in the freezer to let the filling set for about 10-20 mins. ENJOY!