- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, if salted- then no need to use the of 1/2 tsp salt-fyi
- 1/4 cup GF rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or whole-wheat pastry flour (other flours work too)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- dash of cinnamon, optional
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- optional-2 tbs peanut butter (or cashew butter is great too) skip this if you want original cookie dough flavor though
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Will need melting chocolate; milk, white, or dark chocolate all work great. About 1/2 cup to 1 cup worth is what would be needed and a safe bet. Can be in chips or a chocolate bar-both work!
3-4 tbs of pure maple syrup
- In a food processor; add the cashews and oats and process until it forms a fine crumble. Now add in the flour, salt, and process for a few seconds more. (Add the dash of cinnamon if you want now-optional). Add in maple syrup, and vanilla and process until combined. Add the nut butter now if using-optional as well.
- It will be sticky, but this is normal. (Can put just a bit of flour on your hands if needed). Add in your chocolate chips and stir by hand is best. Form into balls. Now you may want to freeze them for at least 30 mins to an hour so they are super easy to dip in the chocolate and without falling apart.
- Next melt the chocolate (use milk, white, or dark-And you can heat it by microwave in 30 sec intervals or use a double-pan boiler). Keep in a small bowl near by. Dip half a Cashew Cookie Chew in OR if you fancy-dip the whole guy in! Go for it.
- Next if you want to decorate for Valentine's Day (or any holiday really) add your sprinkles and goodies of choice (I used editable hearts) in the melted chocolate now. Place on flat plate.
- Let sit for about 15-30 mins until dry. Can keep out but I find them best in the fridge or freezer. Can put in cute plastic baggies, heart shopped boxes, or eat them now. Make for your loved ones and FOR YOU and enjoy!