So I came up with this because I was really craving ice cream but I knew I could find a way to hit the spot with a homemade treat instead without all the added fat, sugar and calories at the same time. Oh boy did I come up with a irresisitable treat! Who says you can not eat this for breakfast by the way - WATCH ME. This treat is so easy and great any time of day. I simply took 1 yogurt (your choice) and 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder and mixed it very well. (NOTE: You may want to add a few splashes of your milk of choice to get the perfect texture.) Then I of course added in 2 tsp of chocolate chips and BOOM. You can add in anything you fancy though; nuts, fruit, chia seeds, etc. SO EASY, SO THICK, and SO DELICIOUS. This yogurt has only around 240 Calories, 36 grams of protein and only 4 grams of fat! Perfect for breakfast (well keep you full!), or a snack, fuel for a workout, and even a dessert or a healthy treat. Try all my Moni Breakfast Recipes and Lightened-Up Treats. Enjoy! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
- 1 Yogurt carton 6 oz, I use coconut yogurt or Greek
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder, I use vanilla
- If needed: a few splashes of almond milk (or milk of your choice), to thin it out if you feel you need to
- 2-3 tsp chocolate chips (or mini chocolate chips), to sprinkle in
- OPTIONAL add-ins: nuts, cereal, chia seeds, really anything!
- In a bowl, mix in the Greek yogurt and the scoop of protein powder. Mix well. From here add a few splashes of milk of your choice to thin it out if needed. Next, simply add in the chocolate chips. Stir and you are done! Enjoy!