Oh YES and YES to these Moni Chocolate Scotheroo Bars! NO BAKE too- oh yeah. Plus with a crunch in every bite! Do you like or LOVE Butterfingers Bars like me? (I was out of control as a kid for those chocolate bars- ask anyone- KING SIZE all the way too baby.) Well, get ready to have a treat that nearly tastes exactly like one. Remember though, they are still a rich, once-in-a while treat. But a very, very Delicious treat I must add and I love them. What I like about this recipe is it is made fresh, with more "real" ingredients, and no preservative's when compared to a store bought candy bar that is made to sit on a shelf for years. I swipe out corn syrup for brown rice syrup and it works great! This way the kids are eating a cleaner version of a very "un-clean" candy bar. I can't take full credit as this is another awesome family favorite recipe I share with you today. I just changed it slightly. So yes- these bars do taste very similar to a Butterfingers. I have replaced corn syrup by using brown rice syrup. They turn out fantastic and are much healthier this way. However note that you can still use corn syrup if you prefer, I skip though. Another great treat for the Holidays too! Here are all my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Recipes and Christmas Treat Recipes too. REMEMBER to Enjoy~ (But In moderation!) Just check out the Moni Meter Rating!! Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!) Then grab a workout at www.monicanelsonfitness.com and healthy meals & treats always at www.monimeals.com.
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup brown rice syrup (or you can use corn syrup if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, or can use sugar- more if you like things very sweet
- 1 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter, I seem to always go for crunchy
- 6 cups GF crispy brown rice cereal, can use just regular crispy rice cereal too
- 1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup (6 oz) butterscotch chips
- sprinkles, optional-(I use holiday colors if it is that time of year)
- Coat a 13 x 9 baking pan with cooking spray. In a large sauce pan, over med. heat, cook syrup and sugar 3-5 mins, until sugar dissolves and mixture begins to boil, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. DO NOT BURN!!
- Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until well coated. Press mixture into prepared baking pan; set aside.
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over cereal mixture. If using sprinkles, now use them. Let stand until firm. Cut into bars. Enjoy!