Perhaps you have heard of "Butternut Squash Fries" before OR perhaps this is your first time (if you read food blogs, you have heard of them!). Allow me to introduce these one-of-a-kind Fries. I have been making these for years and convincing others to try them out ESPECIALLY THIS TIME OF YEAR! Not one person has been disappointed I just have to tell you. Most seem doubtful at first...true (that these can beat a normal fry) but after trying them...they are delighted at the end! Again, if you have not tried them yet, today is your lucky day. Very easy, very savory, and very HEALTHY. So sorry Fast Food joints, I have you beat. 😉 I think these are great for kids and they would not have a clue that they are wholesome and healthy. There are many ways to make these-check out some other of my similar recipes for Butternut Squash: Also try "Sweet Butternut Squash Fries," Sweet Potatoes, Carrots, and Parsnips with Peanut Butter Fries," and my "Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallot Soup." Or you can always look at Fall Madness for more and more ideas. 🙂 ~Enjoy.
- 1 Organic Butternut Squash, sliced into fries- I leave the skin on too, you may have a gadget for this, I just slice it up-carefully!
- Fresh thyme, 2-3 sprigs
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place foil over a baking sheet coated with cooking spray-Makes for an easy clean up too.
- In a big bowl or a Ziploc bag, combine the already cut butternut squash, oil, 1 tsp thyme and toss until well combined.
- Place on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking, add fresh thyme sprigs.
- Cook for about 3o mins for softer or for crunchier- more like 40 min.
- Serve with ketchup and enjoy!