Not only does this hit the spot every time and remain good-for-you, it is absolutely gorgeous when it is complete! The asparagus definitely make their mark and decorate this fabulous dish. Asparagus are in season right now so go to it! I even used left over asparagus as you can see from the photo and it worked so great. This is so easy to make, all you need is a cast iron skillet or a big-oven proof frying pan. You can serve this hot or cold. NOTE: You can make this even lighter, see the below options for how to use the eggs. 😉 Perhaps Egg White Frittata Muffins or Summer Vegetable Frittata will interest you too. Enjoy~
- 6 eggs-or to lighten this up, you can do 3 eggs and 5 egg whites.
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 1 bunch small organic asparagus, trimmed
- Hot sauce to serve (optional)- for me it is a must
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Beat eggs with a little sea salt and black pepper. Heat oil and butter in a 19 cm size oven-proof frying pan or cast-iron dish over a medium heat and sauté asparagus for 5 minutes. You can arrange the asparagus neatly if you are going for "presentation points." 😉
- Add eggs, cook for 3 minutes then bake for 15–20 minutes until golden and fluffy. Serve hot or cold, with a drizzle of hot sauce.