These are just what I mean when I say "a treat where you can have your cake and eat it too." I love these too because I make them in a mini muffin tin. Bite-size and perfect lil' cups every time. I honestly can compare these to a Reese's Peanut Butter cup but far far far more healthy.
About 20-24 Mini Cups
- 1 can garbanzos or white beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 cup oats- Look for GF is needed - can also use quick oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce, I like to use cinnamon flavor too
- 1/4 of a banana
- 3 tbs organic peanut butter, could use almond butter
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbs of Nutritional Yeast, secret ingredient and so good for you!
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, or can use brown sugar
- 5-8 drops of liquid Stevia, if you do not have this, you can use 3 tbs maple syrup or coconut sugar to your level
- 1-3 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips- can us mini chocolate chips too or vegan chips
- 1/4 cup of peanut butter chips
- optional- then top each with a mini peanut butter cup (Trader Joe's carries them) - this is why they are amazing, look for vegan if needed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blend everything (except the chips) very well in a food processor. Then mix in chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and stir together.
- Now using a mini muffin tin, spray it with cooking spray, and place the batter into each slot. Add a mini peanut butter cup on the top.
- Cook at 350F for around 20-25 minutes. You do not want them to burn so keep your eye on it. Let stand at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan. They form best over a day or so. ENJOY!