Here is a Moni Cookie that I am super proud of. It is a classic chocolate chip recipe but oh so very different! My special ingredient is… walnuts. Which in my world, is a super food and is super good for your body. What can you expect? A nice nutty background, texture and unique flavor is what.
All the good fats your body needs and in the form of a cookie, I am sold! This is a nice switch to my weekly batch that I usually make.
Keep in mind these are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be but without all the butter, eggs, white flour, etc. and you would not even know. YUM!
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.
2 cups walnuts
3 tbs coconut oil, or canola will work
1 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups oat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chip, I like semi-sweet, (or use vegan chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
2. Blend walnuts in a food processor for 30 secs. or until fine meal. Add oil and blend 2-3 mins. You want it thick like peanut butter would be.
3. Whisk together brown sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Pour brown sugar mixture over walnut butter, add vanilla extract, and stir until no lumps remain.
4. Whisk together oat flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon in a separate bowl. Stir oat flour mixture into walnut mixture. Cool dough for 10 mins.
5. Fold in oats and then chocolate chips. Shape into 2-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Flatten cookies with your palm or a drinking glass (dipped in water). Bake 8-10 mins or until golden brown. Cool 3 mins on sheets and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Enjoy!