These Brownies are EASY, HEALTHY, PROTEIN-PACKED, thick, rich, delicious, and IRRESISTABLE! Need I say more. Plus, you get a protein fix too. I add a favorite chocolate protein powder and protein bar to add in more of a crunch and flavor. Plus, the protein bar makes a fantastic topping too! But you could also add in walnuts or anything you fancy really. Best part is - I cut out using any added sugar or oil by using applesauce and the chocolate protein powder is awesome here too-even more flavor! Now the secret to making these so EASY - use a store bought ALL-NATURAL Brownie Mix!! Makes a great treat, great pre or post workout snack, and a healthier treat for the family. Remember- by combining the 2 scoops of protein and the 2 Bars you add in 56 grams of protein to these brownies- wow. NOTES: To make Vegan: use a "flax egg" in replace of the egg. To make Gluten Free: use a GF brownie mix, GF protein powder, and GF protein bar. Try all my Moni Brownie Recipes and all my Moni "Lightened-Up" Treats too! Enjoy!
- 1 16 oz Brownie Mix (use an all-natural brand- there are many out there; even gluten-free)
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- 1 container of applesauce, (small size 4 oz.)
- 2 scoops of your favorite protein powder, preferable chocolate
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water, see how thick the batter is when you add in the Protein Powder
- 2 Protein Bars, cut into little pieces- I use a Double Chocolate Crunch flavor (low-sugar)
- Set the oven to 350 F. In a large mixing bowl add in the brownie mix, 1 egg, 1 4 oz. applesauce, 2 scoops of Protein Powder, and start with 1/4 cup of water. If it is SO thick, add an additional 1/4 cup of water and mix until blended - BUT DO NOT OVER MIX. Coated a 8" or 9" inch square pan and add the brownie batter.
- Next simply place the cut up the Protein Bars and place on top. Place in the oven for about 18 mins. (Cooking times will vary based on what brownie mix you use.) Try to not over bake.
- Let cool and they should be THICK, RICH, MOIST, and IRRESISTABLE. Enjoy!