I love squash. Today I am talking about Butternut. With a ton of health benefits and full of nutrients, it makes a great side to any main dish. Plus if you know what you can do with it - it is SO GOOD. I always have winter squash in my kitchen however for this recipe I actually prefer to use frozen butternut from the store. This makes it super easy and no fuss. Feel free to use a fresh squash if you prefer though. You will LOVE the uniqueness here and the citrus twist from the orange. Also try my Butternut Squash "Fries", my Butternut Squash-Barlett Pear Soup, and all my Butternut Squash Recipes! ~ENJOY!
- 1/3 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 (12-oz) pkgs frozen cooked butternut squash
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/2 tsp grated orange rind, secret ingredient...
- 1 1/2 tsp maple syrup or raw honey
- Salt and pepper
- Place broth and squash in a large saucepan over med. heat. Cover and cook 15 mins. Add butter and remaining ingredients, stir until combined. SO GOOD, SO EASY.