I had some lovely Persimmons too (in-season now) so that is what I paired them up with as well but I love apples too. It is all about the season of Fall and using what is available!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of Pumpkin Spice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 egg whites and 1 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey, or agave is fine
- 1 1/2 cups milk of choice, I use vanilla almond
- 1 cup pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbs worth of mini chocolate chips for topping, optional
- a spoonful of almond or peanut butter for topping, optional
- Whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, pumpkin spice, and salt in bowl.
- Beat eggs and honey (or agave) in separate bowl. Whisk in milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Stir egg mixture into flour mixture-(I like to use a spatula.)
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray (or lightly use coconut oil- which I do all the time too) over med-high heat. Scoop 2/3 cup batter onto skillet for each pancake. Cook 3 mins and look for bubbles to form in the middle. Flip and cook 2-3 mins more until browned on both sides. Serve warm and enjoy.
- (Again, I use almond or peanut butter for the last flavor explosion, sprinkled with mini chocolate chips-(optional) and then serve with in-season fresh fruit!)