You know how much I look forward to a yummy but also healthy breakfast. I created this awesome and very easy recipe that is a great breakfast, or snack, or on-the-go treat anytime of day.
Not only do you get a ton of protein (to keep you full for hours) but it is also packed with fiber and chia seeds (think omega 3’s). You can then use your favorite granola and my favorite is found here. It is SO hard to find a granola that has it all – but this one I am a fan for life!
A Low-Sugar, Low-Fat Very Indulgent Yogurt Parfait. Real and Simple Ingredients.
I do not know about you but I don’t do deprivation. Instead I outsmart my cravings – so instead of eating a very big parfait out at a coffee joint that is LOADED with sugar, loaded with chemicals, and a “preservative yogurt treat,” I whip this up in 5 minutes tops.
You can add in any fruit you fancy and prefearbly what is in-season. I love the combo of blueberries and banana. Flax seeds or raw almonds instead of chia seeds works great too. You could also add a fancy drizzle of a good quality raw honey. I love how this recipe is kid-friendly too and a great snack after school. Great the next day too – so you could even make a few of these.
HEALTHY GRANOLA PARFAIT
- 1 1/2 cups of your favorite low-sugar yogurt (I usually use unsweetened coconut yogurt or goats milk Kiefer)
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds (or you can also use as mentioned flax seeds or almonds)
- 1/4-1/2 cup blueberries, dividied
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup granola, divided
- Any other toppings you like for example, nuts, dried fruit, hemp seeds and raw honey
- Place a small amount of yogurt in a parfait glass. Next add a sprinkle of chia seeds, a layer of your fruit, then the granola.
- Next repeat the layers starting back with the yogurt, until you get to the top and layer the very top granola.
- Optional is a drizzle of raw honey!