As seen on Instagram! @monimealfitness.
Calling all Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownie Lovers!
By now you know… I love chocolate. I also love chocolate and peanut butter <– all my “c & pb” recipes. As a health and fitness professional, I also love making desserts that are not loaded with way too much sugar, fat, and calories. Is this all sounding good to you too? Well, I am so excited to share this recipe with you. People are loving it.
A recipe to outsmart your cravings! No refined flours or sugars and all natural ingredients.
Think moist, rich, decadent peanut butter and chocolate brownies with all natural ingredients, grain-free and gluten-free.
As mentioned this recipe is a grain-free, gluten-free and a so very delicious brownie recipe. You also have the option to add a scoop of your favorite protein powder. I shared this recipe with Quest and it works great with or without protein powder. Completely optional, See the notes below.
EAT WELL. STAY FIT. FEEL GREAT.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, or you can use almond butter - "smooth" works too
- ¼ cup coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder, or carob powder
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, or can use flour of choice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to sprinkle on top if desired
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips, optional
- (optional) 1 scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter (or nut butter of choice), coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. When the liquid is well mixed, stir in the cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and protein powder if using - that is optional. Next sprinkle on the chocolate chips if using.
- Pour the batter into a parchment-lined with cooking spray 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the top of the brownies if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies have formed a nice layer on top but are still chewy and soft in the middle. Enjoy! xx
"Smooth" is also fine if you do not have "crunchy."
Use any flour you want if you do not have coconut flour. NOTE: Coconut flour is gluten free.
If you do not have coconut sugar - than just use your sweeter of choice.
Can add in a scoop of protein powder if you want. Completely optional.