I LOVE THIS RECIPE. So easy, so delicious, not to mention, this will make your entire place smell like a piece of banana heaven! The bread is moist every time thanks to the 1/4 cup sour cream and/or yogurt. I seem to use yogurt because it is on hand always. I like using the bundt pan too because it is an all around better presentation and easy to cut/serve up. Add whatever you like, or leave plain, or add; chocolate chips, nuts, a lemon glaze, knock yourself out! Note: Watch out or burning the outside, it is easy to do. 😉 Make sure you have the bundt pan coated with butter preferably or cooking spray.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- A few dashes of Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbs sour cream or yogurt (FAGE is great)
- 4 large bananas or 6 small, mashed up
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips or walnuts or whatever you prefer
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon together in a small separate bowl.
- In a mixer, Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add salt, eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream OR yogurt. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture and slowly incorporate together.
- Add the already mashed bananas and mix well but do not over do it.
- Add in what you like. I add the mini chocolate chips.
- Add mixture to a bundt pan that is coated with butter/ cooking spray.
- Cook for 1 hour at 350 F