I have said it before, and I will say it again. I heart, heart, heart granola. I have so many great recipes for it too. For example; My Classic Granola, my Toasted Barley and Dried Fruit Granola, my Molasses-Almond Granola, and even my Homemade Granola Bars just to name a few! The thing is… I am always tempted to buy it or order it out. The truth is though, I always enjoy mine much better and they are NOT like 8 dollars for a single cup I might add! Plus, did you know that many granola recipes contain 1 cup of oil and 1 cup of sugar?! Gasp. Well, certainly not mine… we can all relax.
I love this recipe because un-like some of my others, is does not make a ton which is great if you have a hard time not eating the whole bunch like myself. I love this for an easy breakfast, topping on granola or yogurt, or for fuel/re-fuel after a great bike ride or surf session.
Granola is super simple to make and if you follow the right recipe, much better for your figure too. This granola recipe features pumpkin seeds, which I am crazy for at the moment. I absolutely love everything about this granola and it really is so easy.
NOTE: Feel free to add in a dried fruit of choice (dried cranberries or cherries for example.) I decided to skip it for this recipe. It takes about an hour or so to make but well worth it and your house well smell like a bakery of Fall-Bliss. Enjoy!
3 Cups Pumpkin Seed Granola
- 1/4 cup packed coconut sugar, or can use brown
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, you could use honey too
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 cup gf puffed cereal, makes the texture great for this granola
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats, not instant
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbs flax seed
- 1/3 cup shredded raw coconut
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Add the sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, cinnamon, and Pumpkin Spice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir thoroughly until everything is completely coated with the sugar syrup mixture. Kids love this part too, have them join in!
- Pour mixture on to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or use a non-stick cookie sheet. Spread evenly and place into the oven. Set the timer for about 15 minutes. When the time is up, remove the pan and stir the mixture thoroughly. Even out the mixture again and place back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure every 15 or so minutes for about and hour, or until the mixture is golden brown. Really worth the effort on this step!
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Makes about 3 cups and is great for company, gifts, and an easy breakfast, snack, or crunch topper. Enjoy!