There is one fact you must know about The Nelsons. Our friends actually make fun of us, but we are highly addicted to peanut butter and almond butter with….CHOCOLATE of course. I make so many combinations of the two ingredients and it never gets old. Just look at Crunch Bars and Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. I also love banana and peanut butter, who doesn’t?! So I had to try something with all of them together. I wanted to make a cookie that, for the most part, has healthy ingredients and is low maintenance.
We love these because when we run in the door, we just open the freezer and pop 1-2 in our mouths and we are good to go. Yes, they are great frozen or just put them in the microwave for maybe 15 secs. It is that simple and even more simple to make. You mix it all in just one pan and the hardest part is letting them set! You can put them straight in the freezer or in the fridge for about 3 hours…
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 small banana, very ripe, very mashed up (pureed is best)
- 1/2 cup milk, I use almond or soy
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- A few dashes of Cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons cocoa
- 1/3 cup Organic peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups oats, I use old-fashioned
- Combine butter, banana, milk, cinnamon, cocoa, and sugar in a large saucepan, bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla and peanut butter and then fold in oats. Drop in large spoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours. See how easy!