Before I start, I would like to say, I have never been a fan of orange and chocolate together. In fact, I can't stand those cherry center chocolate's either... blah! They are always left in the box. However, I absolutely love these! You have to always keep in open mind and you may even fool yourself. I really like having these around and Mark likes them too. Great for that afternoon pick me up or makes for a "sassy" snack too. You could also do this with say dried Persimmons which I did a few months ago... Amazzzzing. I always buy a bag of dehydrated oranges and apples from the Santa Monica Market. So right there, this was the easiest treat to make because the fruit was already dried. However, you can do it yourself OR they are in your local store for sure. I have no desire to put in any extra time to do it myself so I recommend just buying them-Organic of course. I recommend using a dark chocolate, 70% or higher. (Higher antioxidants and I also like the flavor too.) So you just melt, dip, let sit, and indulge away. I considered this still to be a healthy snack or treat, but again in MODERATION. Try all my Fruit Treats! Enjoy~ What about you... are you a fan of chocolate and oranges? Moni xx
- Dehydrated Orange slices- however many you want
- Chocolate-you can use chocolate chips, squares of chocolate. I like 70% Dark. I say melt more then you might think you need so you can make the dipping process easiest.
- Place out parchment paper on a cooking sheet.
- Simply melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 sec intervals. You don't want to burn the chocolate, Stir will.
- Dip the half the orange slices in the chocolate and then place on the set up parchment paper. When they are all dipped, place in the refrigerator for really only 5-10 mins. Then they are done! Enjoy~