We all know I am a big believer in eating and enjoying a healthy and hearty breakfast. I grew up loving pancakes and waffles. I usually make my own Moni Pancake Recipes when I get the craving because I can just whip them up real fast and keep things simple. As much as I adore a good waffle, I never really had a really great recipe on hand that I could put together in 5 minutes and with what I already had in my kitchen. I always assume that pancakes are just much easier and faster. . . . Up until today that is!
1 BIG Waffle or 2 Medium
- 1 1/4 cup oatmeal, or can use oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese, low-fat or full-fat
- 2 eggs, can use all egg whites
- 1/2 cup water, plus more if the batter is too thick
- 1 tbs vanilla protein powder
- 1 tbs coconut flour, or any four will work
- 2 tsp coconut oil, or can use canola
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 dashes of cinnamon
- TOPPINGS- fresh fruit, try a good quality; maple syrup, honey, or agave.
- Optional- (to make this more of an indulgent treat)- add a few chocolate chips and/or whipped cream.
- Put oatmeal (skip if using oat flour) and baking powder in food processor or blender and process until a flour form occurs. Place in a medium bowl.
- In the food processor again blend cottage cheese, eggs, water, protein powder, coconut flour, vanilla, coconut oil, salt, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Gently mix the dry and the wet ingredients to form a batter.
- As the mixture stands it will thicken and you may need to add more water, (1 tbs at a time). It is okay of there are clumps but you are looking for a smooth and consistent batter. (If for pancakes this is where you will want to see if you need to thin the batter out).
- Coat a waffle iron with additional cooking spray. Follow the iron's specifications but it usually takes 3-4 minutes per waffle. (Or could also take this batter and coat a pan to make pancakes too). NOTE: Can make one BIG waffle or makes 2 medium size.
- Place on a plate. Serve with your favorite fruit and a drizzle of a good quality of either honey, maple syrup, or agave. Optional: Add the mini chocolate chips and whipped topping if you using. Enjoy!