YES...HEALTHY is correct.
These are seriously delicious and quite easy to whip up. I have made these both using a protein powder too and it is optional. I use Vega Protein Powder for some extra protein.
Make a batch for the week, enjoy with an espresso and put the processed muffin down. Enjoy!
Love Muffins? Try all my Muffin Recipes! Look here for more Gluten-Free Recipes and my "Lightened-Up" Treats. Enjoy. Follow Moni to connect on Face Book, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram (-to get a look of my everyday eats!)
- 4 bananas 2½ cups mashed
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cup coconut flour -see Notes
- 1/2 scoop Vanilla Vega Protein Powder, (can be optional -see notes)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup blueberries fresh and/or dried cranberries, frozen will work too
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners and preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed bananas, eggs, coconut oil, vanilla extract and nut butter until fully combined.
- Add the coconut flour, protein powder (if using), cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the blueberries or dried cranberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 11-13 minutes for mini muffins or 22-25 minutes for regular sized muffins, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow in the pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and let cool completely on a cooling rack.