Well, the key is a frozen banana (this thickens and flavors it right up) - instead of using scoops of full fat ice cream.
Also by using a scoop of a chocolate protein powder (or you can also add a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder) - this being instead of a chocolate syrup that is loaded with sugar, will also keep this figure friendly.
- I also use mini chocolate chips - rather than normal size.
- Plus cocoa powder is loaded with antioxidants and depending on what chocolate protein powder you use- many protein powders are also full of nutrients and good for you ingredient's. See a winner of a recipe all around.
- As I mentioned you can turn this into a fun smoothie for the family to enjoy inside say during a game night or movie night.
- Or simply make this a treat or a fun pre-or post workout smoothie using a scoop of your favorite chocolate protein powder.
- Yet, another idea... is to make this a healthier adult beverage by simply adding a shot of Baileys or a Chocolate Liquor. So you just can't get bored with this smoothie.