This is seriously one of my favorite go-to meals. I mean... it is super healthy, way delicious and very versatile. Plus it's very EASY and a real crowd pleaser. You can absolutely add in anything else you fancy and you just can't mess this up!
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 2-3 cups frozen spinach thawed and drained. (Purchase frozen spinach, thaw it and drain the excess water)
- 5-6 all natural, hormone-free chicken sausages (or can use bacon), cooked and crumbled - skip this part for Vegetarian
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1 1/4 cup cheese of choice. I like crumbled goat cheese or Parmesan Reggiano but white cheddar, etc. all work fine
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies (excluding the spinach) to the pan. Sautee for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
Add the veggies to the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the veggies throughout the dish.
Add another layer, add the spinach.
Whisk the egg whites and eggs in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
Create an additional layer by adding the crumbled sausage (or bacon) and cheese.
Bake for 35 minutes.
Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!