I know, WHAT?! Yes, this is a one-of-a-kind, INCREDIBLY TASTY PLEASURE. I first came across a recipe similar to this from the brilliant Angela at OhSheGlows of parsnips coated with almond butter, which is also amazing. I would try that too and you can do this with just just about any of the the following: sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, or even Butternut squash. This is what I did today though and it ruled. I had a bag of frozen sweet potatoes and way too many carrots so I experimented. This is so easy and they were gone in 5 mins, you really can’t stop eating them. Think “super-fried” tasting, but not-at-all fried, and you use the Healthy FATS that our bodies need and want.
- 2 Sweet potatoes, sliced (or store bought, frozen is fine)
- 3-5 Carrots, sliced like fries or anyway you want
- 2 parsnips, sliced like fries
- 1 tbs olive Oil
- 2-3 tbs Peanut Butter
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes, parsnips, and carrots with oil, add the peanut butter and coat very well. You can use your hands, I find it works best. Then add to the cooking sheet and season with sea salt.
- Bake for about 30-40 mins. Inspired from OhSheGlows. You will Love em and Enjoy!