This is a D-e-l-i-c-i-o-u-s pasta dish with whole what linguine, heart-healthy almonds, fresh flavors from the lemon, basil, and garlic… and is super healthy! Please realize use use an entire bag of fresh spinach (great way to sneak it in for those picky eaters!) The color is a vibrant. Toasting the almonds is key, it brings out so much more of the flavor 🙂 Try all my Pasta Dishes!
- 1 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, secret ingredient
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (1-lb.) package whole-wheat linguini
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- optional: When ready to serve, I like to sprinkle with Parm, garnish with fresh basil, sprinkle some red pepper flakes, and drizzle hot sauce on mine. 🙂
- Cook linguini accordingly.
- Place almonds in a single layer in a dry skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring occasionally until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and reserve 1/4 cup almond for garnishing.
- In a food processor or blender, combine spinach and basil until finely chopped. Add remaining ingredients except reserved almonds, linguini and tomatoes. Blend just until smooth. Pour sauce over linguini and toss to coat. Top with tomatoes and reserved slivered almonds. Serve hot or cold.