This is a more "homemade" version of the original recipe I have for Pumpkin Peanut Fudge Brownies and it is excellent. You cannot feel too bad about eating all of it. It is MUCH better for you then most brownies and what is even better... is that they are BEST the next day. A Moni Treat made with No butter, No Crap- just pure ingredients. 😉 Remember, as with all things pumpkin~ it tastes best a day later! Also, try my all Pumpkin Brownie Recipe's. Along with my Moni Pumpkin Bites and Moni's 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins. Enjoy!
- 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 6 ounce cup plain yogurt, I like Greek
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup stevia, or can use sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp granulated salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a small bowl, combine pumpkin, 1/4 cup applesauce and pumpkin pie spice until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, 3/4 cup applesauce, both sugars, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together. Add yogurt mixture to flour mixture and combine.
- Spoon brownie mixture into a greased 8×8 square baking pan. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly. Spoon pumpkin mixture on top, using a spatula to even out smoothly.
- Then use spatula ( or knife) to swirl and mix the batters together. This is the key that makes these so special and fancy. Bake 45 minutes up until 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to fully cool before slicing.