Before summer is officially gone, I had to post this. I love these just for being a little different than your typical mojito. For a speciality drink, these are so refreshing. I love the lime, club soda, and mint together and then you have fresh pureed peaches to top it all off. I get them at the Farmers' Market and you can't beat the taste.
- 3 cups coarsely chopped peeled ripe peaches (about 1 lb)
- 1 tsp grated lime rind
- 1 cup fresh lime juice (about 4 large limes)
- 3/4 cup sugar or a sugar sub
- 1/2 cup packed mint leaves
- 2 cups white rum
- 4 cups club soda, chilled
- Crushed ice
- Place peaches in a blender, until smooth. Press peach puree through a fine sieve into a bowl; get rid of solids.
- Combine lime rind, lime juice, sugar, and mint in a large pitcher; crush juice mixture with the back of a long spoon. Add peach puree and rum to pitcher, stirring until sugar dissolves. Stir in club soda. Serve over crushed ice. Garnish with mint sprigs. Let the good times ROLL!