These have been compared to a healthier version of a “Fiber-One Bar” or a “Special-K Bar.”
In our house, they are a must-make and a must-have!
Everyone loves these, I have yet to meet some one not love these. These are a much healthier version (no corn syrup, preservatives, trans fats) and I like to switch it up with using either almond butter, peanut butter, or cashew butter. They are ALL fantastic, so take your pick and ENJOY. These take no time to put together. There is a uniqueness to these, a secret ingredient…
Enjoy~ (In Moderation!)
- 1/3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup good quality maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cashew, or peanut, or almond butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips or vegan chips
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (or I sometimes use chia seeds, optional)
- 1/3 cup Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal (this too is optional but I love the crunch factor so I add this in, plus I always have it)
- chocolate chips to garnish
- In a med. Dutch oven over med-low heat, combine syrups and your choice of nut butter until smooth. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Fold in rice cereal, Kashi cereal (if using) and sesame seeds (secret ingredient) (or chia) and stir to coat everything, Press batter into 8×8 dish and refrigerate until firm (at least 20 mins), it is hard to wait, I know. Cut into squares and store in airtight container. Inspired from Clean Food.