If there is one food I love that I could eat an enormous bowl of over and over again, it would have to be... granola. Granola with fresh fruit and lots of almond milk is bliss for me. It is so easy to eat more than what a serving really is so watch it, as granola is great in moderation but can definitely become a calorie dense meal. This is my classic recipe. However, I also listed my other two recipes that I adore just as much. Really, deciding which granola recipe to make depends on what time of year it is. I love this recipe because it is easy, consistent, loose, and you can add anything you want to it, for the most part. It is like your blank canvas for granola. I am on a dried pineapple and cashew kick at the moment. I call that my "My Combo Punch" but you can omit it or add any dried fruits you want. It will hold in an airtight container for about 3-5 days in the fridge. NOTE: This recipe makes a ton so beware -or just half everything. Enjoy! Here are more must try "Moni Meal" granola recipes as well: Molasses-Almond Granola my Toasted Barley and Berry Granola, or my easy and healthy Homemade Granola Bars!
- 2 cups barley flakes
- 2 cups oats (or you can omit barley and use 4 cups of just oats)
- 2 cups nuts and seeds (such as pepitas, sunflower, flax, walnuts, or slivered almonds)
- 1 cup shredded coconut- unsweetened
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon-so great for you
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, or canola oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar, or honey
- 1/4 cup molasses-secret ingredient alert!
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- MY COMBO PUNCH (optional)- dried pineapples and cashews. (As seen in the pictures) You can add anything you want at this point or leave as is. Dried fruits are great; such as apricots, strawberries, cherries, mixed berries, and another great COMBO PUNCH is DRIED CHERRIES AND DARK CHOCOLATE CHIPS...etc.
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small sauce pan warm the oil, agave (or honey), and molasses until incorporated. Add the vanilla, stir and add to dry mix. Now add any other toppings you wish. Toss to coat evenly.
- Spread on a baking sheet evenly and bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Mix every 10 mins. or so while in the oven to ensure even baking. Wow, so easy!
- Let cool completely then store in an airtight container. Makes a ton so share the love. Enjoy!