So I was craving granola extremely bad and I hate spending more money when I can simply whip something up on my own. I combined two of my recipes, added my “Moni” touch, and came up with this awesome granola. It is so easy too.
You could easily add any nuts, seeds, or fruits you prefer or what you have already available. I love drinking it with almond milk; the granola gets all soggy and then the milk turns into a beautiful tan color from the molasses and then that becomes the best tasting drink too. 🙂
Molasses by the way, is an excellent source of Iron and Vitamin b6. I also sprinkle this on my oatmeal. You can keep it in the fridge for about 2 weeks, but it never lasts that long!
Makes about 3 cups
2 cups regular oats
1/2 cups sliced almonds
1/4 cup seeds, I like pumpkin, sunflower, or flax seeds
2 tbs wheat germ
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup dried fruit
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
2 tbs sugar
5 tbs molasses
3 tbs canola oil
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 F.
2. Combine oats, almonds, seeds, wheat germ, salt, and cinnamon in a med. bowl. Spread mixture on a baking sheet and bake for 20 mins. Stir occasionally and look for a golden color. Remove from oven and put back in the med. bowl.
3. Add the fruit and coconut to the oat mixture and toss together.
4. Mix together in a bowl the sugar, molasses, oil, and vanilla extract. When the sugar is dissolved, pour over the oat mixture and toss to coat.
5. Spread evenly back on the baking sheet and cook another 15 mins. Remove from oven and cool completely.
6. Break into to pieces and store. Enjoy!