What can I say... here is a perfect Summer dish, that is fast and a healthy recipe. Great as a starter or side dish when you have company over too. Let's start grillin'! These could not be more simple… the fresh-flavors and the simplicity of the skewers are a great option for entertaining. You just need 5 ingredients. 🙂 NOTE: It is optional as these take no time to cook up, but you can soak the skewers in water to avoid any burning. That is a great tip for any skewer recipe. Also, do not over cook that shrimp or it will leave you with a rubbery texture! No thanks.
The 5 ingredients:
- 1 1/2 pounds large peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 large red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle shrimp evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
- Thread shrimp, bell pepper pieces, mango cubes, and onion pieces alternately onto each of 8 (12-inch) skewers.
- Place skewers (that were soaked in water) on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp are done.
- Squeeze juice from lime wedges over kebabs. Enjoy!